Youth Council of the Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia (LBAS) was established on 27 November, 1997. It operates on a voluntary basis.
LBAS Youth Council unites the youth representatives delegated by LBAS affiliates. Young people up to 35 years of age can be delegated to the Youth Council.
AIM – to protect and represent the joint labour, economic and social rights and interests of young people – trade union members, to promote their participation in creation of a lawful and democratic society.
- Trade union youth organisations from Baltic, Nordic and European countries
- Youth Committee of European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC)
- International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
- International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU)
- Latvian Youth Council
- Different youth organisations in Latvia (Latvian Students’ Association, students’ self-governments, etc.)
- Within the framework of different projects informative materials for youth about the trade unions, trade union activities and their necessity have been elaborated.
- Informative activities are carried out in the regions of Latvia .
- Since 1998 Youth Council actively participates in the Baltic Trade Union Youth Forum.
- Participation in the Baltic Sea region trade union youth cooperation network activities.
- Participation in international projects.
- Participation in the activities of the Youth Committee of European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC).
- Participation in the projects and training seminars organised by LBAS Training Centre.
- Participation in the activities organised by Latvian Youth Council and other youth organisations.
Phone: +371 67035907
Address of Youth Council of
Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia:
Bruninieku iela 29/31
Riga, LV-1001, Latvia