The project VS/2018/0030 „Promotion of Youth Workers Involvement and Decision Making in Trade Unions and Undertakings” was approved by the European Commission Directorate General „Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion” within the programm VP/2017/008 „Information, consultation and participation of representatives of undertakings” in the end of 2017.
Project aims to promote employee involvement in undertakings by information, consultation and participation mechanisms, through which employees’ representatives may exercise an influence on decisions to be taken within the company. The project is a comprehensive covering of the main challenges related to young workers involvement and participation in decision-making in undertakings and trade unions faced in 5 partner countries – Latvia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bulgaria and Hungary.
Project is being implemented by the following organizations:
Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia (LBAS), Latvia
Latvian Building Sector Trade Union (LBNA), Latvia
Forest Sphere Trade Union of Latvia (LMNA), Latvia
Metalworkers’ Trade Union – Industrial Union (SMH-IS), Croatia
Federation of Building, Wood and Building Material Workers’ Unions (EFEDOSZSZ), Hungary
Federation “Construction, Industry and Water Supply” – Podkrepa (FCIW-Podkrepa), Bulgaria
The Union of Free Trade Unions of Montenegro (USSCG), Montenegro
Latvian Builders Association (LBA), Latvia
Bulgarian Construction Chamber (BCC), Bulgaria
European Information Network (EIN), Bulgaria
Hungarian Federation of Building Contractors (EVOSZ), Hungary
Main objective of the Project is to ensure promotion of active involvement and decision making of young workers in undertakings and trade unions, organization of awareness-rising campaign for young employees related to the workers involvement and decision making, promotion of identification and training of young trade union leaders, as well as promotion of establishment of international cooperation network of young workers.
The expected results of the project are:
- better understanding of problems related to young workers involvement and decision making in undertakings and trade unions and ways of solving existing problems due to the wide exchange of experience and best practice during the project between partner countries;
- promotion of improvement of current situation related to young workers involvement and decision making in undertakings and trade unions due to implementation of informative seminars, Young Trade Union Leaders Training and awareness-rising campaign;
- promotion of improvement of trade unions capacity by attraction of active work-willing young members and managers;
- promotion of cooperation between employees and employers organizations in relation to young workers involvement and decision making in undertakings and trade unions;
- promotion of pubic awareness on workers involvement in undertakings and trade unions.
Following activities are to be implemented within the framework of the Project:
- Coordination and implementation of Project activities and achievement of Project objectives and results
- Organization of Project Management Committee meeting (February 1, 2018)
- Implementation of questionnaire for young members of trade unions/young workers on involvement and decision making (February 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018)
- Development of informative materials and implementation of awareness-rising campaign (April 1, 2018 – October 31, 2018)
- International round-table meetings/experience exchange visits for representatives of partner countries (April 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018)
- Development of “Young Active Worker Manual” (April 1, 2018 – October 31, 2018)
- Implementation of informative seminars for youth workers/students on involvement issues in Partner countries (April 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019)
- Development of International Training Program for Young Trade Union Leaders (October 1, 2018 – February 28, 2019)
- Organization and Implementation of International Training for Young Trade Union Leaders in Latvia (March 1, 2019 – May 31, 2019)
- Organization of Project Closing International Conference (April 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019)
Duration of Activities: January 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019
Project Budget: 300 401,00 EUR
This publication reflects only the author’s view and the European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.